Thursday, October 8, 2009

INTRODUCTION

My name is Cliff, and I've recently decided to give the art of tattooing a try. I thought it would be neat to document my rise (and potential fall) in the tattoo world and to track my progress.
Ive been tempted time and time again into trying tattoo art for a long time now. I can remember my friend Richard Lambe from Lucky Devil Tattoo in London, Ontario hounding me to give it a try as far back as I can remember. Wade Bond of Bonded Ink has offered me the opportunity quite a few times as well. Ive always had a respect for it, just no desire or motivation to try it myself, i guess I felt that it wasnt really for me. I was really quite clueless as far as how intricate the technique of tattooing is and I never felt a genuine interest until lately. Perhaps it was spending so much time at Wades shop watching him work his magic and picking up little tidbits here and there that sparked it, I dont know. But whatever the case, I found myself developing a real curiosity and a desire to give it a shot! When i noticed my interest begin to blossom, I talked to Wade about it and he was kind enough to give me another chance to train under him, and this time i graciously accepted. I cant express how grateful I am to have someone as talented and patient as him to work and train with. If I get the hang of things, I cant think of a cooler kat to work beside! so yeah, here I am, documenting my days as I do my best to become proficient in slinging ink. wish me luck! I'm surely gonna need it with all the solid competition out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment