Tuesday, November 10, 2009

PigSkin

Whats the weirdest thing youve ever done? HAH HAH! Today I cut off a piece of pigskin and shaved it so i could start practicing tattooing, very bizaar to say the least. It was a really cool experience in the end, but cuttin up that hide was just plain wacked!! I did, however, get a taste of how the tattoo machine works and how to do lines and shading. It was much more difficult than I could have imagined. We took a couple pics, here's how it went....

First, Wade and I cut up and shaved the flesh of a pig obtained from a local butcher...
that was....fun....yeah....
so after that, Wade helped me set up and I went to work on it. I decided to try a skull and crossbones as my first attempt. Wade was close by the whole time giving me invaluable tips.
Wade gave it a try too, to give his approval or disapproval. He said it was tough as hell but a LOT like human flesh, definitely ideal for practicing, so I was glad it wasnt a waste of time. It worked out decently enough. Heres the final product. This little piggy musta been in a few fights or something, he was scarred up pretty bad on the part we cut off. Next time I'll have to look for a better portion of the hide to use. It was hard to notice the scars with the hair.
so yeah, here it is. life-size, my first tattoo!! YAY!! im not a tattoo virgin anymore!...sorta. HAH! I've inserted my first needle, and it was somewhat of a success! On to some more pigskin!! Theres sooooo much I have to learn!!!

3 comments:

  1. thanks man, it sure is different than shading with a pencil let me tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off you are extremely lucky, wade is the fucking man and is the most talented tattoo artist sydney has hands down. If i had of known he was going to take an apprentice of any kind i would have never went to school and just harassed him.

    Anywaysss, I'm looking into self teaching myself the wonderful art of tattooing. Always wondered about the pigskin, how much do butchers usually charge, or is there a charge at all?

    And secondly, getting a gun when your inexperienced and uneducated is a challenge, I don't just want to buy any piece of junk of ebay. Any good websites, or catalogues you could suggest for me!

    Thanks and good luck with the tattooing man!!

    ReplyDelete